Spangler products are free of the big eight food allergens, which consist of milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish. In addition, Spangler products are also free of the gluten found in wheat, barley, and rye. The following steps are taken to insure our products are free of these allergens:
1. Our suppliers are informed that we require our ingredients to be free of the big eight food allergens and gluten.
2. Suppliers are required to notify Spangler Candy in writing of any changes to raw materials (formulation, packaging, source, etc.)
3. The suppliers of ingredients to Spangler Candy are required to provide an allergen assessment sheet along with the specifications of the ingredients. This information is reviewed/ evaluated by technical services and is maintained in the lab files.
4. Raw materials testing for the presence of allergens (noted in detail below)
5. All ingredients when received in the receiving department are verified with what was ordered.
6. Any indirect chemicals that pose a risk for potential direct or indirect contact with raw materials or our product shall have a known allergen status that is verified annually and must be free of the big eight allergens and gluten.
7. Employees are made aware of the allergen issues at Spangler via training programs.
8. The Food Safety team audits the allergen material control program, annually.
Satisfaction is guaranteed on all orders. If you receive an order with candy that is missing, damaged, or not the item you ordered, please call or email us within 5 business days of the receipt of the order, as determined by our shipment tracking information. Note that large orders may be shipped in several different boxes and arrive on different days. Please also note on flavor assortment items that not all flavors will be in every bag or box. Sometimes, due to wrapper changes, one or more of the flavors may not be packed out for a short period of time.
We cannot guarantee any meltable items. We cannot accept returns on opened candy. For returns or exchanges on unopened candy packages, please call us with your order information.
You must receive prior authorization from Customer Service before returning any items. Refunds for returns exclude shipping costs, and the customer is responsible for shipping the products back to us in their original condition. Refunds may be a full refund, partial refund (minus shipping and/or re-stocking fee), or a full or partial credit on a future order.
A minimum of $10 or 15% of order restocking fee (whichever is greater) will be applied to all returns which were not our error. If items are refused at delivery, original and return shipping costs will be charged to the purchaser's original form of payment. There are no returns allowed on customized products.