Allergen control is an important part of Riverside’s Food Safety and HACCP programs. Riverside Natural Foods processes the following allergens: Coconut.
The plant has a strong Allergen program which details procedures that ensure allergens are under control and do not pose a risk to our valuable consumers.
Allergen contamination is controlled via the following measures:
• Peanut free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Peanut free facility
• Gluten free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Gluten free facility
• Dairy free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Dairy free facility
• Soy free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Soy free facility
• Egg free: Riverside Natural Foods is an Egg free facility
• Sesame free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Sesame free facility
• Fish/Shellfish free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Sesame free facility
• Sulfites free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Sesame free facility
• Crustaceans free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Sesame free facility
• Mustard free: Riverside Natural Foods is a Sesame free facility
• Tree Nut free*: Riverside Natural Foods is a Peanut free facility
? Riverside treats Coconut as an allergen within our facility and the following steps are taking to prevent cross contamination:
• Comprehensive employee training: Employees are trained in proper handling of allergens and consequences of allergen cross- contamination through slide shows and follow up training meetings.
• Dedicated suppliers: Our suppliers pass through a rigorous evaluation which ensure compliance with our allergen policy.
• Employee uniform program: Employees wear approved uniforms that are changed daily and laundered by a contract service to ensure cleanliness and avoid cross-contamination.
• Scheduled processing: Non-allergen runs are scheduled first with a full cleaning and drying before running an allergen-containing run.
• Color coded: All our utensils, cleaning tools and PPEs are color coded; blue for Non allergens and white for allergens.
• Full equipment sanitation: Equipment is cleaned with approved cleaners and sanitizers and air drying.
• Post-cleaning inspection: Evaluation of cleaning protocol through post-cleaning inspection of equipment and validation of cleaning.
• Pre-Operational Checklist: Line clearance before each processing job to check for correct processing area, proper cleaning of area and equipment, use of correct utensils, ingredients and labeling, and other GMPs and SSOPs.
Food Safety and Quality is all about the trust of our Consumers and Customers.
At RNF, Food Safety and Quality is the foundation of our Company and is fully embedded in our promise of Nutrition, Health and Wellness.
Every day Riverside Natural Food products are chosen by our Customers in different parts of the World.
Trust is gained through safety and quality image, reputation and consistent delivery of Safe and high Quality products and consumer and customer satisfaction.
This trust is shaped with the help of every employee action, customers and consumers contact and every product on the shelf.
All products manufactured at RNF is a promise that it is Safe to consume, that it complies with all relevant laws and regulations and that it constantly meets our high standards of Safety and Quality.
Each and every employee at RNF is involved and dedicated to achieving high Safety and Quality standards for our Consumers and Customers through the application of the RNF Food Safety and Quality Management System.
To sustainably create value and to effectively and efficiently build Customers and Consumers trust, Safety and Quality at RNF is to:
1. Guarantee Food Safety and full compliance by respecting our policies, principles and standards with full transparency.
2. Ensure preference and consistency to delight Consumers and Customers by valuing what they value and by offering products and services that always meet or exceed their expectations.
3. Strive for zero defects and no waste by constantly looking for opportunities to apply our continuous improvement approach to deliver competitive advantage, minimizing environmental footprint and supporting sustainability.
4. Engage everybody’s commitment, leading by example and empowering others across our value chain and at all levels of our organization to build RNF Food Safety and Quality Culture.